Saturday, August 22, 2009

Missing the gang from Down Under

Thursday I left the family and started my trip to Australia. I think it's been a few days but some how I made it down here and am enjoying the cool weather, cafes, and views of the Indian Ocean. But, I miss these guys:




My conference officially starts tonight, and I think I've slowly adjusted to the 14 odd hour time change. I've learned that everyone down here wears skinny jeans tucked into cool leather tight boots, and I stand out in my boot cut jeans and Dansko clogs. I ordered crepes thinking I would get the yummy thin things from Europe and was bummed to get some regular old Waffle House style pancakes.

I'm off to take a long walk along the ocean to burn off my crepe induced carbs. Ending with this pic taken yesterday of Maggie and gang kayaking up North. You think she'd miss me but while video conferencing she just gave me a quick "Hi Mom" and then went back to playing with her cousin. Keegan however gave a good cry when he realized the computer version of Mommy couldn't hold him.


I promised Maggie a Kangaroo, but this Rock Wallaby was cuter. I don't think she'll know the difference!

No comments: