Monday, October 11, 2010

So I gave Julie a Ring....

We have a pretty funny story about our engagement, which was 7 years ago this Columbus Day weekend (it's an easy way for me to remember it!) Brian had moved out to North Carolina and I was thinking maybe he'd pop the question. Then I left on a 6 month deployment to Iraq... no ring. What I didn't know is that the day he dropped me off for my outbound flight to the nasty desert he returned home to the FED EX guy finally delivering the ring he'd bought! So, upon my return from the war, Brian popped the question! Nothing fancy, but that's kind of how we work. My sister and his brother were both in town for the 3 day weekend. Brian went to tell his brother and said "So I gave Julie a ring this morning..." to which Mike responded "What kind of a ring?"

7 years later I'm so glad it was an engagement ring and not a mood ring!

Here we are around that time, when Bri had his buzz cut pre-deployment:


And a favorite picture of mine from my first apartment after graduation. We used to watch these 2 kids every once in a while, Cody and Megan. Now Cody is one of my best babysitters and Megan is playing division one soccer at the Academy! Sara is in the background- one of my truest and most dependable, and IN SHAPE friends

Should have known what I was getting into back then. Snowball to the face right as I was ready to smile for the camera.

Anyone know how to flip pictures? Oh, the old days where we both had great hair with no effort!

Love you Bri! Love the past 7 years!

1 comment:

Lisa Seymour said...

Ahhh! Good memories. Wonderful times at Woodlake...and SOOO excited when he gave you the ring (and so happy he didnt save it for the boat when the boat broke...remember that?) And then 2 (?) years later, I called to break the news that WE got engaged, not realizing it was the same day YOU were engaged, and I asked what you were doing "Celebrating our engagement" you said and I said "we are too!" and you were confused why Tom and I would be celebrating YOUR engagement :) Tricky tricky. Hah. Love you.