Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Houdini

The two kids in their matching blankets from Grammy T. I don't know who the other guy sleeping in the background is, but he sure must be tired. So Keegan has to sleep swaddled. As did Maggie. See my posts from a few years ago. He gets wrapped up so tightly in this one certain blanket, followed by this super tight velcro version of a blanket named after some jungle animal, and then on top of this I have the internet sensation called the "Pea Pod" which is like a big green tube. Little Houdini broke out of all three last night, and I caught it on tape.

Can you see why he didn't continue his peaceful sleep now that he could scratch his face and do gang signs?

Next post will show his first swaddle free nap photos. Sleep tight (if you're swaddled!)

3 comments:

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

we just stopped swaddling Orion- (um hello 8 months next week, seems like he was getting a little big for the whole thing) he just wouldn't stay in the dang 'miracle blanket' any more and has taken to sleeping on his side or his belly- now if I could just get him to let me clip those claws of his!

Gina - Peke Moe said...

hehehe.. so cute!! great work at catching it on camera mommy!
Here is another option if the transition doesn't go too well from swaddling - a Peke Moe sleep sack
http://www.pekemoe.co.nz

Kate said...

Can I just tell you...my BIL made the EXACT same blanket for Jake (only in yellow...knew we were having a boy - but made yellow...ugh). Looks likes you're gonna have a strong little boy there...breakin free and all!