Wednesday, May 27, 2009

TWELVE years ago....

28 May 1997 was the day we both graduated... finalizing a pretty rough 4 years at the Academy. While we were there everyone said "It's not a great place to be, but it's a great place to be FROM". 12 years later, I'm still just glad it's over. We had to wear our parade outfit which included tight white pants which don't show in this picture.  If highly requested though, I might be able to find a picture of them...  Here we are on graduation day, merely dating, not knowing that 12 years later we'll have 2 fun kids and still like each other a lot (and yes my eyebrows are for real as is Bri's hair). Check the date out on the bottom corner of the picture for accuracy:



And here we are that night- I think we went to a place called maybe the Golden Bee? At that shwanky hotel in downtown Colorado Springs the Broadmoor? Our graduation was a bit of a let-down as the weather was bad so the Thunderbirds only made one pass, and because they were re-doing the football stadium we actually had to sit in the stands! I do remember though that the Thunderbirds were at the Golden Bee that night and I learned that they really aren't that cool!!! One of them even tried to hit on my little sister! HA!



Whew! Still can't believe it's been 12 years since we went through that circus!

7 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats to you both!!! I think I am happy I just had a silly police academy versus the AF academy! Mine was a joke in comparisson :)

Firehouse mama said...

I want to see the white pants! and Congrats to both of you!

Cap Fam said...

You show me your white pants and I'll show you mine--Ha!! Please don't make me go digging for some more fun pictures...I will if I have to. Better yet, I'll save them for next week when we can sit around reminiscing as the kids run wildly in the background!! KIR!!

breemunger said...

WOWWW! That brings back some serious memories! Who knew 12 years later " Bad Julie" would still be around :)

Unknown said...

I remember your graduation, because I had to leave, with Dad in his wheelchair, when it rained. We actually had a great time, stayed at the Embassy Suites, loved the activities, and loved the woman who came around at the Golden Bee and flung little bees onto your shirt, sweater, blouse, whatever, and it would land and stick! I still have a pin from the Thunderbirds from that night. And I love being with all of you now!

Unknown said...

How lucky was our Julie in finding that HUNK who is just the BEST guy and son-in-law, papa & appreciative guy?! How about that flirting Julie who was too weak/wimpy to be carrying her own M-16?! We never have to worry about Brian's not carrying his load with his kids & Julie! You go, Brian! Mom!

Unknown said...

I'm the first Barbara,'Aunt Barbara', and the second is Brian's wonderful mother-in-law, Barbara. Great name!