Sunday, December 27, 2009

Six Awesome Years

Six Years ago today was our big day! I still can't believe it's been that long. And for those of you that know us well, it's really been a lot longer than that. We first met in 1993 I think, in basic training at the Air Force Academy. I had the most awful awful hair at the time- a spiral perm of long locks that some Academy barber butchered into a fuzzy bowl cut. Regardless, when I first saw Brian I had eyes for him like no other.

It took a lot of years, moves, assignments, aircraft and deployments later for us to get it right and realize that as a couple we have the Right Stuff. Here is a picture from the day Brian proposed, back at our first house in North Carolina with our then puppy, Euchre:




Now, 6 years later, we've just moved once again and have a crazy fuzzy headed 3 year old, a one-year old (tomorrow!) and another little one on the way.

My mom gave me something once which was titled the 'Secrets to Happiness'. The first secret was "Marry the Right Person. This is the one single event that controls your life and Happiness".

I am so happy that I know, and I really know, that I married the right person. I go to bed at night and the first thing I do is thank God for my husband. And I don't even think about it, it just pops into my head. And that's how you know you've married the right person folks!

6 comments:

Lisa Seymour said...

YEAH! SIX years! What great memories of your wedding weekend/day. I remember sitting next to you in bed while you were still sleeping and writing my Maid of Honor speech in my head, laughing/crying, etc.
And remember how mom slipped the priest some extra cash to make sure the "heat was on" in the church, man, it must have been 85 by the time you walked down the aisle.

And cousin Craig and Stuke made it just in time :)
Love you two!!! Like your "upgraded" soon to be 5 site :)

Firehouse mama said...

Happy anniversary!! And Happy Birthday Keegan!!

Nikki said...

Happy Anniverary Julie! You 2 are so good together. You are right. You did marry the right person!

Shelly said...

This is such a sweet post!! I love that you and Brian are so great together. Lots of fun years to come!! Congrats on number 3 as well!!

breemunger said...

Who knew we would all come to love "Bad Julie"!

thedeavers said...

Aw, what a nice post! I love you two together and think you are a perfect match. (And produce great kids!)