Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How we get by....

So, as we approach the end of week two of single-mom-hood here are some of the changes around the house. Keegan gets to sit up on the counter. Here he is in Cooper's 4T shirt. No, he's not that big, I think the shirt has shrunk. Kind of like all my maternity tanks (or maybe my belly is growing).


And of course when Maggie sees Keegan on the counter she's gotta be up there too. She is suddenly into dresses and tights which is A-OK with me as we have about 200 in her closet hand-me-downs from her extended cousins Maggie and Emelia.


Keegan has been waking up first (Mags stays up later and now pulls this "I'm not tiiiirrreeeddd" stint which is about to put me in the looney bin). So, when he gets up in an effort to keep the noise level down so she'll keep sleeping he gets to eat Cheerios and watch Toons or Fox News til the sun comes up. No, I don't approve of kids watching TV until their 2, but you do what ya gotta do to survive.



So this bribe took about 4 days for Maggie to actually get in her room. A nice lamp (from Target, one of our favorite Minnesota-based companies) that she and I picked out. I told her she had to be good ALLLL day to get this one so we could read books in her room instead of on the couch. Can you tell how much she likes it?


Lastly, a throw back to Maggie in her early toddlerhood taken by Aunt Molly and found in an odd work folder on my desktop. So sweet...


Next up: more snow! Odd Colorado weather that I love- sunny and 70 one day and snowy the next. This time I'm not falling for that shoveling bit, I know it'll melt soon enough!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Keegan and Maggie,
Please stop growing until your Uncle Mike & Auntie Jen can see you again. You are getting too big and changing too fast. We miss you!