Sunday, July 26, 2009

Triathlon!

One night I came home and Brian told me he'd signed me up for a sprint triathlon. How's that for post-baby motivation? So here are some pics of the event.


This is after the bike. Check out how cool the mountains and Donner lake are in the background!
I was trying to fix my hair and catch my breath. This crazy husband behind me kept yelling that I was spending too much time in transition!

Our family of four- check out how excited Keegan is!
We told Maggie she'd get a jelly bean if she'd smile for the camera. Good for the blog picture, not good for the dentist!
We usually do tri's with our pre-kid gang from North Carolina: Decoy, Hummer, Dog, the Rices... but this time we had the chance to race with Brian's best friend from high school, Jess. Both the guys came in under an hour which was their goal. How funny is it that they were the only 2 without wet suits! LOCALS!!!




Me feeling like a champ. Didn't feel so much like a champ the next morning! Who'll race with us next July? Can't beat the scenery OR the burning lungs!

7 comments:

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

We were at D-Lake Kitchen that day!
I actually got really stoked to do this and might have talked the hubby into doing it with me.
hmmm, better get my bike on huh?

Nikki said...

Hey Julie - awesome! Good job! I just decided to run the Denver 1/2 marathon on Oct. 18. Gotta get fit for Mexico!

thedeavers said...

I'm so impressed with you! So, how long is a triathlon? This may be a great way to motivate myself into doing something after baby, so I'm a "tentative" for next year...

Unknown said...

Julie & Brian! Great photos! What an accomplishment for Julie! That was a perfect idea, Brian, to keep Julie in shape! The funniest picture is Brian's poking at Julie for taking too long to transition! Mom!

Mike and Lindsay said...

Where is Donner Lake? That looks so awesome!!! You are putting all of us to shame. If Mike came home and said he's signed me up for a triathalon right now I might have to punch him in the belly!!! Good for you!!!! Maybe I'll do it next July :)

Mike and Lindsay said...

Hey Brian its Mike - quick question, by chance is that a BDU undershirt from basic training that you are wearing? i am also looking thru these pictures again to to see if you have your blue swim trunks on for the swim.
mk

Shelly said...

Woo hoo!!! I've always been super impressed with people who do triathlons. Sounds like you have a few under your belt, so I am VERY impressed with you. Nice work!