Friday, December 26, 2008

Officically OVERDUE!

NO, thanks everyone for the emails, texts and calls, but we do not have a baby. So I am officially overdue! I think having a baby a few days after Xmas will be fine, but the torture that the chaos, wrapping paper, and toys everywhere instills upon a uber pregnant woman who is in a DEEP NESTING phase is not fair! Add to the extreme nesting the fact that I am a bowling ball who is not very nimble and it means I'm constantly asking Brian to clean up or move stuff that I can't make happen myself!

Yesterday was a super fun day and I'm so glad Maggie got to have this Xmas by herself. Xmas eve she opened up a tea set from Lisa and Tom and kept giving us tea over and over. When I asked what flavor it was she just said "Maggie's FAVORITE!" We went to the children's mass and Maggie was somewhat behaved. She kept yelling out "I WANT TO SEE BABY JESUS" and at one point said "Mommy, you're being SO good in church!" Just trying to set the example crazy kid.

Xmas morning was lots of fun and we actually hid some of the many gifts she got so we can reintroduce them the next few months. Funny Xmas story: I've been trying to teach Maggie that Xmas isn't all about Santa, but that it's about Baby Jesus (thanks Will Ferril making it sound funny every time I say Baby Jesus). So we're driving home from a friends looking at Xmas lights and I keep saying "look for Santa on the rooftops" -meaning the big blow up light santa/reindeer combos that apparently are very popular for the elderly crowd in Northern Cali.

Maggie yelled to me: "No Mommy, I'm looking for Baby Jesus!!" So I guess maybe she listens!?

More pics:

Maggie and her gifts

The Bells graced us with their presence, Nana and Papa snuck down the mountain from Truckee

Elmo Slippers and all, before the chaos began:

Weds Brian brought Maggie into work with him. He took her to see the airplanes and 'draw' in his office. Gave me a nice break on my Last Day of Work before this baby kid rolls into town!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hey Julie - We talked about you a lot on xmas day - just wondering if you were in labor! I do think it is so sweet that you & Bri got to spend your last xmas w/ just Maggie. Next year it will be the $ of you!